Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Fence

For a fence is not a barrier but a chance to break them down. To not have it stand in the way. In the way of making a friend. Physical fences are weak, emotional fences are strong. To break down those you are free to love and to live. As a child you have not yet built emotional fences. You are free to pass flowers to the friends on the other side.
In watching my daughter with her friend, befriend some boys in the house next door, shake and climb trees in order to get flowers for them, it made me again realize we have much to learn from our littlest members of society. How can I extend a flower, an offering of friendship, to someone today? Someone I do not have my heart fully open to. What barrier can I un-assemble today?

What is one thing you've learned from watching any little people in your life recently?

Peace and Love,
Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. Such a simple and relaxing post. I work at a martial arts school teaching kids and one of the first things we teach is about breaking down 'fences' but we call them barriers and use their belt wrapped in a strip of paper for demonstration. I think its a wonderful thing to teach so young.
    http://aslouisepleases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and inspiring post. I love it so, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
-Mark Twain