Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Fashion Week: Day 2

I'm so grateful for Rachael mentioning to me it was Fall Fashion Week. It's so nice to take a break from the work to be done to do something purely fun. The people involved are always super sweet. I wish I had more time to go through and check out all your outfits because you always are so super adorable. I'm sneaking this blog post in before Donna gets here to help me pack and sort and fold and and and. I'm so over clothing can you tell? I've asked Joey if we could just throw everything away, he said no. So I asked if we could just thrown everything on the lawn with a "Free to go home" sign. He still was not amused. Seemed like a good idea to me! The great part about learning to let go is that the items you do keep really, fit. Not even in the fit my physical body, per se, but the journey. They adorn the journey I am on.
 My little kitty boy, Cheerio, misses his brother. He has not learned to accept Tesla yet but I think his wound is still open from Bonzai's death. I just feel his sadness when I am with him. I hope the move will be a good time for his wounds to heal and for him to start fresh as well. I think these walls and this neighborhood holds much sadness for him. His brother and him would prowl the area and watch each others backs. They definitely were a team.
 He's also gotten HUGE these last couple months. He is definitely a tomcat now.
 This outfit is comprised of four of my favorite items in my wardrobe.
Outfit details:
Hand sewn by one of the sweetest souls ever!
Necklace: Gifted by Laura, Roots and Feathers

delirious rhapsody

Peace and Love.
Katelyn

30 comments:

  1. I want to know about your headband!
    I hope you continue posting your outfits this week. I really love your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it! I knew I forgot to mention something. Sorry about that! I am definitely making time to post each day. I love FFW and am so happy to be a part of it again. Thanks for hosting it this year!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful outfit! Love it all!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh honey!!! i LOVE these images so much! you are soul-shimmery!!! i am printing one out just to hang on my wall with all my soulful friends. i love to be surrounded by photos of those who mesmerize me in different ways. and you are MMMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M'dear, if you want a bigger resolution just let me know. You are so sweet. <3 you.

      Delete
  4. love your style, it's so refreshing! I'm so sorry for your cat's loss. You don't realize how much an animal fills your environment until you loose them. They have such beautiful spirits. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He died back in February but lately I am just feeling it more. I miss that kitty so much. He was my lovey boy. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  5. That skirt is darling. I love the sandals too! Your pictures have such a relaxed feeling. I wish I was that comfortable in front of a camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I have many an awkward photo of myself. I took many self portraits for a while one year to get more relaxed in front of a camera and to help with self confidence. I definitely recommend it to people! It makes you learn a lot about yourself.

      Delete
  6. Those shoes look great. They are such a different cut - still brown, they can match with everything, but unique. Your skirt is beautiful as well.

    I also love seeing Leena in these photos - she's so big now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wear them soooo much! As you see if you look at today's post, I'm on day 3 of wearing them. haha

      And I hear you on Leena! Now that we have Penelope I look at Leena and think, "MAN! You got huge!"

      Delete
  7. Omigosh! Win win win! Your outfit is so flowy and wonderful, your headband is unbelievably gorgeous and I love that you've got your kiddo and cat in with you. I'm sorry to read about your other cat... But I hope this move goes well. And I'm so happy you're playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reminding me about it! I would have been really sad to miss out! You are so kind and just made me smile huge!

      Delete
  8. Goreous! I loved how you pointed out that the top was hand sewn. How special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously floored by the quality of Alana's items! I accidentally threw it in the dryer and freaked out as I pulled it out afterwards. You can't even tell it was machine dried. I am super impressed.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh! You are adorable!! I love your style and that skirt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh myyyy...Imma gonna need a skirt with a pattern like that on it! Love the whole thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are soooo lovely, and your photos are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My husband has a good eye. :)

      Delete
  12. Love everything!!! Perfect outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're absolutely radiant. i'm a new reader, and i'm so inspired by you. i love everything about your lovely little corner of the interwebs. that skirt is AMAZING. thanks for showing us all how to look effortlessly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and welcome! I hope you enjoy my blog! Thanks for making this momma feel super beautiful.

      Delete
  14. i'm not sure that my last comment posted, so i'll make this one short and sweet! new reader, love your blog, love everything about YOU, and that ensemble is amazing. you inspire me, sweet soul sister.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so much love! You are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
-Mark Twain