Watching The Lorax the other day made me sad, happy and frightened all at the same time. Sad because that is happening to our world. Happy because the ending was of course happy. Frightened because I do fear for what is to come for our world. It is true that small changes add up to big changes. A small group of determined individuals can make a huge impact on our world, our society. Who was it that said that? As silly as this sounds, I've been more mindful about unplugging our cell phone chargers when they aren't in use. James Mazurek reminded me to do so when we visited him and Laura. Even this earth-loving momma has some changes to makes.
My goals for the next month, that I want to maintain:
1. Use less water when doing the dishes.
2. Line dry our laundry at least 50% of the time.
3. Eat more raw foods, using less energy in the kitchen to cook them.
4. Have the computer on less. No more than 3-4 hours a day, to do work.
5. Give offerings to the earth to thank her. Do this daily.
If you would like to download this print I made you can do that here. It will print as a 5 inch by 5 inch. I'd love for you to enjoy it and let it remind you that even though you are one person, you can have a BIG impact on the world.
What are ways you like to help the earth? What are ways you honor her?
Peace and Love,