Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sage Pumpkin Sauce - Two ways

 Sage Pumpkin Sauce
1/4 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
10 sage leaves, chopped
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup pasta water for thinning
Celtic salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Cook pasta of choice. We use rice pasta. Save water for sauce. In a saucepan saute the onion and garlic in the butter. When the onions are translucent add the sage and saute for a few minutes. Add the pumpkin and pasta water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta.

Sage Pumpkin Sauce
Alfredo Style
1/4 yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
10 sage leaves, chopped
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup organic heavy cream
Approximately 1 cup grated asiago cheese
 Pepper to taste

Cook pasta of choice. We use rice pasta. In a saucepan saute the onion and garlic in the butter. When the onions are translucent add the sage and saute for a few minutes. Add the pumpkin and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Add cheese a bit at a time while stirring, till all cheese is added. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Pepper to taste. Serve over pasta.

Peace and Love.
Katelyn

3 comments:

  1. MmmmMmmmMmmm! This sounds DELICIOUS!!! I love anything with a little pumpkin or butternut squash!!!

    P.S. I'm your newest follower! I found you while searching for other New Age/inspirational/Pagan/hippie/nature lovin' women. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sitting here thinking, "Angie Bailey...WHY DO I KNOW THAT NAME?!" Then I remembered you won the Aquarian Soul giveaway on Laura's blog. I was sitting there when she chose the winner and posted that blog. I was super jealous by the way. :D

      Pumpkin and butternut squash are amazing aren't they?

      And I LOVE that you were looking for New Age/inspirational/Pagan/hippie/nature lovin' women. I am glad I fit your search!
      <3

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, yes! I love my necklace that I choose from Aquarian Soul SO. MUCH. I choose the As Above So Below necklace. :) It's definitely a favorite now. I also had no idea you and Laura knew each other offline, how wild. :D She's amazing, as well!

      Delete

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
-Mark Twain